Preparing for the Worst: An Interactive Session on Building Resilience for Ourselves and our Teams | Sessions
Economic downturn. Layoffs. International wars. Post pandemic hybrid work. It is more critical than ever to build up resilience for ourselves and our employees. In this interactive session we’ll highlight the latest data from SHRM and Rising Team about resilience, and then learn about three types of resilience - cognitive, physical, and social. We’ll take stock of our own current resilience status and aggregate data from across the group. Then we’ll learn three resilience-building techniques—Mood Shifters, Re-framers, and Activators—and practice some specific techniques together. You’ll leave with clear, actionable ideas to take back to your company, and if you stay to the end, you’ll receive a special bonus to bring back to use with your team, only available to session participants!
- Complete your own personal Resilience Exercise and rate your current resilience along different dimensions.
- Learn about three different types of resilience-building exercises to do with your teams.
- Practice specific examples of each type of resilience-builder.
- Foster connection to SHRM peers by sharing personal experiences and brainstorming ideas to take home to your teams.
- Develop concrete next steps to help your employees build resilience.
- Get a free Resilience exercise to run with your own team.