'Employee Engagement? In THIS Economy??' -- Maximizing Motivation Beyond Money | Sessions
One of the most magical discoveries we can make as leaders is our ability to effectively empower and build up others through successful motivation. Whether working with the highest performers or ones with the most room for growth, smart leaders are constantly contemplating customized engagement strategies to motivate their teams to succeed. Too often we rely on external rewards - like motivating a horse to run with the carrot on a stick - yet promotions, raises, or financial incentives can only work for so long. The people and projects we lead require differing motivation styles and, as a leader, we have an obligation to effectively customize our approach to maximize each individual's intrinsic motivation. In this session, we'll explore the building blocks of successful motivation to strengthen individual and team engagement.
- Discover the THREE TYPES of MOTIVATION.
- Determine specific strategies to design an environment that maximizes INTRINSIC MOTIVATION.
- Develop customized approaches to MOTIVATION that focus on individual needs, re-designing decision making methods, and aligning individual +@ team values.
- Reflect on current leadership Practices, and apply new theories to enhance personal leadership.
- Establish a stronger community of likeminded individuals and rising thoughtleaders.
In-person session offerings are on a first-come, first-served basis.
To view all event accessibility & accommodations details visit here.
If a speaker has provided session materials, please visit https://presentations.shrm.org