Take the Fear Out of Team Building | Sessions
REPEATED TUESDAY AT 2:00pm
What is the first thing you think of when you hear (or read) 'team building'? Why does team building, whether you spell it as one word or two, have such a negative connotation to so many? For those who are naturally active and/or outgoing, team building is often welcomed with open arms; however, for those who are introverted, and/or less athletically inclined, it's often a cause of hesitation, fear, and anxiety. By conducting a series of short surveys, Matt garnered the common opinions, and misconceptions, of what team building is, and he's sharing his findings, and solutions, with the world through his speaking engagements and his book, TAKE THE FEAR OUT OF TEAM BUILDING. Team building is more than zip lining, trust falls, and slide show presentations. Are you still feeling skeptical? It's time you participated in this interactive (yes, attendees will partake in some simple, communal activities), informative, and engaging presentation.
- Hear why 'team building' is not a 'bad word'.
- Discover what positive team building experiences entail.
- Remove fear and anxiety around both the words, and acts, of team building.
- Learn when and how to host a productive team building experience beneficial to everyone on a team.
- Discuss how team building may provide a 'mix up' of roles, responsibilities, & leadership opportunities.
In-person session offerings are on a first-come, first-served basis.
To view all event accessibility & accommodations details visit here.
If a speaker has provided session materials, please visit https://presentations.shrm.org