Employee (Mis)classification: Effectively Navigating this Increasingly Volatile Minefield | Sessions
The topic of employee misclassification is constantly changing. This presentation provides guidance how to properly classify employees in an ever-changing landscape, including the Department of Labor's proposed rules under the FLSA.
- Provide an understanding as to applicability of the Fair Labor Standards Act and why the proper classification of individuals is crucial in today's workplace.
- Discussion of applicable law governing the classification of individuals as employees or independent contractors.
- Breakdown and analysis of the Department of Labor's Proposed Rule regarding the Independent Contractor classification and the impact of the changes to the workplace.
- The anatomy and regulatory repercussions resulting from misclassification.
- Survey of common misconceptions, exceptions, and recent case law pertaining to employee misclassification.
In-person session offerings are on a first-come, first-served basis.
To view all event accessibility & accommodations details visit here.
If a speaker has provided session materials, please visit https://presentations.shrm.org