Moving from Policy to Practice: How to Make the New Parental Leave Landscape Work for You | Sessions
While leave policy seems to be changing daily, the best practices for how to support and implement leave are not. This workshop teaches HR professionals how to drive change and ensure the parental leave transition is a developmental experience for managers and employees â€“ while retaining talent and building an inclusive environment for all working parents. Learn a proven 10-step method that embeds infinite individual flexibility through a standardized and easy-to-follow leave training process.
- Articulate why parental leave is a crucial opportunity to create an inclusive workplace culture while developing employee and manager talent.
- Leverage tools, practices, and resources that can help guide management and HR's support for career development, service navigation, and physical and mental wellbeing during this complex critical timeframe.
- Understand why being skilled and knowledgeable in supporting the full parental leave transition is becoming a required skill set for HR professionals, managers, and leadership.
- Understand the critical touchpoints and the manager/new parent aligned behaviors required at each phase of leave: 1. Preparing for Leave; 2. During Leave; 3. Returning from Leave.
- Understand how HR training and support can be the backbone of creating a thriving family-supportive work environment.
In-person session offerings are on a first-come, first-served basis.
To view all event accessibility & accommodations details visit here.
If a speaker has provided session materials, please visit https://presentations.shrm.org