Beyond Belonging: How the Business Case for Diversity and Inclusion Drives the Moral Case For Equity | Sessions
A debate has raged since the Civil Rights Movement introduced DEI into the workplace: support the business case for workforce diversity or the moral case? While they may seem diametrically opposed, they are inextricably linked. Organizations must learn to connect dots and bridge gaps between a diverse workforce and true inclusion. Learn innovations and best practices for building and maintaining a diverse workforce that thrives by understanding what blocks DEI and what boosts it.
- Differentiate between belonging and inclusion and their business effectiveness.
- Understand the science behind DEI's root causes, from bias, power, and stereotyping to allyship, inclusion, and speaking up.
- Advance the aspirational moral case for DEI by leveraging the actionable business case.
- Recognize the impact of unfairness and injustice on individuals.
- Apply strategies to be an active ally in everyday situations.
- Recognize that allyship requires consistent action and growth over time.
- Develop behaviors to drive sustainable change.