Bambi VS. Godzilla: How to Deal with Difficult People | Sessions
Difficult people are everywhere! They can be customers, co-workers, bosses, neighbors, even spouses. This program humorously reveals the six basic difficult personality styles that are out to drain you and your organization of vital energy. You will learn what they do, why they do it, and what you can do about it! Participants will learn how to stay empowered in the face of negative, reactive, and draining people â€“ and laugh while they do it. Unfortunately, every business has its share of difficult people to deal with. Some may be customers, some may be co-workers -- but either case, dealing with them in a way that leads to success is a critical skill. 'Bambi vs. Godzilla' helps participants understand negative behavior, and to increase their skill level in dealing with difficult personality types.
- Uncover six basic difficult personalities while discovering what they do, why they do it, and what you can do about it.
- Learn how to not react to reactive people.
- Develop strategies for empowering your communication style and moving negative behavior toward positive results.
- Understand how to increase your behavioral repertoire when confronted with a difficult person.
- Explore how to create an energized culture and climate in your office and organization.
In-person session offerings are on a first-come, first-served basis.
To view all event accessibility & accommodations details visit here.
If a speaker has provided session materials, please visit https://presentations.shrm.org
All virtual sessions inherently run the risk of audio or visual issues due to factors out of our control. If any technical difficulties arise, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we work diligently to resolve it. Most virtual sessions are recorded and will be available to view on demand until Monday, August 14 at 8:00 AM PT.