Millennials and Managing Intergenerational Conflict in the Workplace | Sessions
REPEATED FROM MONDAY AT 3:00pm
Learn the predominant conflict styles of Millennials, Generation Xers, and Baby Boomers as found through analysis of 11,000 test takers of the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument, revealing how generational cohorts differ in approaches to conflict. As uncovered in numerous interviews, learn what Millennials want and value in the workplace and practical methods to successfully recruit, retain, and manage this large and valuable cohort. Lastly, understand how gender impacts conflict styles and differences in younger cohorts.
- Define the predominant conflict styles of Millennials, Generation Xers, and Baby Boomers and how to effectively manage conflict at work.
- Describe the impact of gender on conflict styles and how this differs for younger generations.
- Describe how to successfully engage Millennials at work by learning what Millennials want and value in the workplace.
- List key strategies for successfully recruiting, retaining, and managing Millennials.
- Understand generational workplace demographics and how they impact the future of your organization.
In-person session offerings are on a first-come, first-served basis.
To view all event accessibility & accommodations details visit here.
If a speaker has provided session materials, please visit https://presentations.shrm.org