Battle Ready: Cultivating Culture through Trust, Teamwork, Purpose, and Ownership | Sessions
VP-47 was down on their luck. Two Commanding Officers were fired for personal misconduct. The disgraced Skippers represented the tip of the iceberg; a squadron mired in management misconduct and failed leadership. One year later the Sailors at VP-47 took command of their destiny, and their efforts ranked the squadron #1 in morale, leadership, and communications. Cultivating culture through trust, teamwork, purpose, and ownership was essential in VP-47's rise to the top.
- Understand that organizational culture's impact on employee performance is profound and is completely within the control of the leader.
- Establishing trust is ultimately the leader's responsibility and will require the leader to get uncomfortable during intentional efforts to show care.
- Encourage teamwork by creating opportunities for your employees to come together, policies to keep them together, and incentives to encourage them to work together.
- Link your employees' purpose to our unknown desire to serve others.
- Leverage the power of ownership by communicating what success looks like and letting your employees chart the course.