Workplace Violence: Five Strategies to Avoid a Nightmare Event | Sessions
When ranking HR professional's worst nightmares, workplace violence is among the worst. In addition to employee injury, the economic damage, decreased productivity, labor/management issues, workers compensation costs, lawsuits, exodus of employees, and damage to company reputation can have a profoundly negative impact on your organization. Jeff Owens, a former police hostage negotiator and current Certified Threat Manager will provide you with actionable strategies to reduce the risk of workplace violence occurring.
- Planning principles and considerations for internal protocols.
- Leadership obligations and liabilities awareness.
- Prevention strategies including risk factors, policy elements, training considerations, reporting and response systems.
- Understand the basics of Behavioral Threat Assessment and Management (BTAM).
- The why, what, and how of a Threat Assessment and Management Team.
In-person session offerings are on a first-come, first-served basis.
To view all event accessibility & accommodations details visit here.
If a speaker has provided session materials, please visit https://presentations.shrm.org