California HR: Applying CA Law to Employment Practices* | Sessions
*Additional registration fee required. Day 1 of 2.
Be ready for a highly interactive, activity-based program. Come prepared to apply your California HR knowledge, experience and expertise through challenging case studies, scenarios and a simulation. Expand your thinking to explore how and why you need to apply certain laws and how to navigate the complex environment strategically. You’ll also receive an employment law update on the current year’s new laws in the ever-changing landscape in CA – 2023 has 41 updates!
Pre-Program: Foundations of CA Employment Law
Explore the fundamental CA employment law information across the five key knowledge areas to be prepared for the in-program case studies, scenarios and simulation.
New to CA HR law?
Be sure to focus on the complimentary Foundation of CA Employment Law course prior to your program. This self-paced online course will position you to thoughtfully participate in the program activities.
- Identify the current year CA employment law and legislative updates
- Discuss strategic ways to navigate the complex employment laws of CA
- Apply CA HR concepts to realistic case studies, scenarios and a simulation, pulling in knowledge from the following areas:
- Wage and hour
- Privacy, security and safety
- Mandated benefits and workers’ compensation
- Protected leaves of absence
- Employee and employer relations