Being an Ally to Create an Inclusive Workplace | Sessions
Everyone in your organization is responsible for exemplifying and reinforcing positive, civil behavior. This means entry level employees, all the way up to C-Suite Executives, play a role in creating an inclusive work environment and culture. In order to do so, they must become aware of their own personal communication style and how it affects those around them, as well as have actionable tools for addressing non-inclusive behavior when they witness it. Leaders who attend this session will be able to go back to their organization with tangible tools for creating an inclusive workplace, where every employee is involved in sustaining a positive culture.
- Define the origins of bias and four different types of bias.
- Define risk factors that increase our likelihood to engage in bias.
- Combat microaggressions using tried and true intervention methods including asking questions, relying on basic human values, and organizational core values etc.
- Facilitate and participate in inclusive meetings by creating a code of conduct, starting every meeting with it, and ensuring all measures are taken to ensure inclusivity (accommodating disabilities, diverse speakers, etc.).
- Identify resources for educating yourself on inclusive behaviors.