HR In It for the Long Haul? Accommodation Considerations for Employees Who Suffered with COVID-19 | Sessions
Long COVID is the condition that describes the long term health effects of a COVID-19 infection. By now many employees have been infected with the COVID-19 virus, perhaps more than on variant, and while they may have recovered and returned to work some still suffer from lasting health challenges as a result of that infection. Those conditions may qualify as disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, as well as various state laws. Employers may therefore need to engage those employees in an interactive process focused on their ability to perform the essential functions of their jobs with or without reasonable accommodations. This session will review the potential health issues from Long COVID and the accommodation process that may need to be activated.
- Better understand how COVID-19 infections impact employees.
- Review current reports on Long COVID cases and the impact on the workplace.
- Review the accommodation process and pitfalls to avoid.
- Discuss possible accommodations.
- Receive guidance on how to handle health inquiries and document accommodation process.