804: It’s Okay Not to be Okay: How to Identify, Address, and Navigate Mental Health In The Workplace | Sessions
No one likes talking about mental health. It's stigmatized, it's scary, and it's anything but comfortable! It's also very often misunderstood. And, it's here to stay. As we navigate life post Covid, effectively addressing mental health is more important than ever. This session will explore the concepts of Brave Conversations, Brave Boundaries, and how to advocate for yourself and others. You will leave with actionable strategies to create safer, more supportive workplaces for everyone to thrive.
- Understand the dangers of perfectionism, people pleasing, and approval seeking.
- Learn the signs of everyday stress versus panic and anxiety, and how to prevent burnout.
- Explore how other mental health diagnosis' present themselves, so as to recognize signs in co-workers.
- Gain strategies and confidence to engage in brave conversations, and advocate for what you need.
- Leave a little more comfortable, being uncomfortable addressing mental health.
To view all event accessibility & accommodations details visit here.
If a speaker has provided session materials, please visit https://presentations.shrm.org