801: Preparing to Lead: Critical Project Management Skills for the HR Executive | Sessions
Managing projects can be challenging, especially if they span multiple divisions, time zones and countries. Done wrong, it can destroy careers (and companies!). Done right, it can garner you a 'seat at the table.' From global outsourcing to workplace analytics to leading company-wide change management initiatives, the HR executive has unique insights into what motivates and engages employees thus giving them the edge at spearheading projects that can directly impact the company's bottom line. To do so though requires your Project Management skills and leadership chops to be at peak performance level and constantly at the ready. This highly interactive session will prepare you to lead by providing in-depth, step-by-step instructions and tools to 1) Plan for Success, 2) Lead and Execute Projects big or small, 3) Deliver Results all while 4) meeting Budget and Schedule Deadlines (oh, and get it all done via ZOOM!).
- Examine the essentials of Project Management.
- Define deliverables in financial terms important to senior leaders.
- Conduct comprehensive risk probability vs. impact analysis to determine causes for derailment and how to plan for and overcome those challenges.
- Explore easy-to-implement Project Management tools to help you plan for and manage your project including Gap and SWOT analyses, Fishbone (Cause & Effect) diagrams, Goal Breakdown Structure diagram, RACI matrix and several types of Gantt charts.
- Identify potential software tools to assist with organizing and tracking projects including Microsoft Project and/or Excel, Mind-Mapping software, SharePoint, Smartsheet.