702: California HR Boot Camp: What You Need to Know about Employment Laws & Regulations in CA! | Sessions
This training session is dedicated to companies headquartered outside of California with facilities and employees in California, for firms just entering the California HR arena, or anyone that wants a deep dive into CA HR compliance. This session will cover some of California's complex and often confusing employment laws and regulations including the 'danger zones' where you need to be savvy. We will exercise your brain and tone your HR muscles so that you are able to recognize the issues that can present risks to your organization in California. With this high intensity and interactive training, you will obtain tools to navigate the complex employment landscape of California and will learn practical skills for reducing liability.
- Learn the key elements of California Wage and Hour.
- Distinguish between exempt and non‐exempt Employment Classification.
- Become familiar with current and new CA protected categories regarding harassment and discrimination for 2023 and 2024.
- Become familiar with California’s unique Leave Administration and how they interact with FMLA.
- Learn the differences and similarities between Federal ADA and California's disability protections.
- Review Workers Compensation Insurance, Unemployment Insurance and State Disability/Paid Family Leave.
- Discuss employee benefits and regulations related to Vacation, Paid Time Off (PTO), Kin Care and new mandated Paid Sick Days.
- Discuss current recruiting challenges including Ban the Box and Pay Transparency Laws.