Dismantling Systems, Structures and People Practices that Create Inequities | Sessions
Organizations can often be seen as microcosms of our greater society. This means that oppressive systems that impact communities can also be present and thriving within the walls of our organizations. These systems can perpetuate policies and practices that disadvantage marginalized groups. As industry leaders, we have to be aware of these inequitable systems, confront them and develop practical methods to transform our spaces where all staff can be seen, heard and valued. During this session participants will be able to learn strategies and actionable steps organizations can take to deliver sustainable changes. Participants will also be able to identify why this is critical to nonprofits and social enterprises for the sustainability of organizational success.
- The evolving face of inequity and how it shows up in today’s organizations.
- What it means to dismantle structures and systems that hold organizations back from thriving.
- How to identify people practices that keep employees stagnate and prevent success.
- Strategies and actionable steps organizations can take to deliver fundamental, sustainable changes.
- Your role in addressing inequities and how to address root causes through systems thinking.
In-person session offerings are on a first-come, first-served basis.