To PTO or Not, That is the Question! | Sessions
The decision to implement a PTO plan vs. traditional vacation and sick leave is often not an easy one. Not only does your choice have an impact on your employees, but there are other operational, accounting, and compliance ramifications as well. In this session, we'll discuss the pros and cons of both , as well as the practical implications on daily HR practices including FMLA, disability leaves, payroll systems, and accounting issues. And in the aftermath of COVID and the numerous supplemental paid time off laws that have been passed, HR is taking an even harder and new look at this distinction.
We'll also visit the complications that can arise in states whose wage and hour laws have an impact on how plan accruals and payouts work. In this interactive and informative session, we'll help show you what makes a good PTO plan and where are the potential downfalls.
Come away better equipped to decide which method is best for your company given the complex and ever changing employment law landscape.
- A description of the essential elements in good PTO, vacation, and sick plans.
- A discussion of the pros and cons of PTO vs. traditional vacation and sick.
- What makes for a well-designed plan.
- What are the common errors that companies make in designing and administering their time-off plans.
- Which states have laws that will impact the plan design and administration.
- How time-off plans impact and influence FMLA and other disability leaves and policies.
- How best to administer and track time-off plans in payroll and accounting.
- A discussion of the new trend in offering unlimited PTO.
- How this analysis has changed since the advent of COVID supplemental sick leave laws.
In-person session offerings are on a first-come, first-served basis.