LGBTQ+ Workplace Inclusion: Awareness, Etiquette, & Best Practices | Sessions
Although efforts have been made in recent years to advance equality for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, Queer, and other gender and sexual marginalized identities, there are still many instances where LGBTQ+ people find themselves excluded, unwelcome, and uncomfortable in the workplace. According to the Human Rights Campaign, close to 50% of LGBTQ+ employees still report hiding their sexual orientation at work due to hostility, bias, discrimination, and mistreatment in the workplace. During this interactive session attendees will:
- become more familiar with current LGBTQ+ inclusive terminology;
- develop a greater understanding of the lived experiences of LGBTQ+ employees;
- understand the differences in terms such as sex assigned at birth, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression; and
- explore and develop specific HR strategies to create more welcoming and inclusive workplaces for LGBTQ+ employees.
- Become more familiar with LGBTQ+ inclusive terms, appropriate pronoun usage, and other inclusive language tips.
- Learn the differences in the dimensions of biological sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
- Discuss best practices tips and strategies to integrate LGBTQ+ inclusion into organizational goals and policies.
- Walk away with ready-to-implement ideas for bringing a DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) lens to your HR services.
In-person session offerings are on a first-come, first-served basis.