Telework and Virtual Leadership - "Leading from A Distance" | Sessions
There is a global phenomenon that is changing the way we work. In the past, everyone worked in the same location every day and it did not take them hours and hours to get there. Today, we have team members spread all over the country and in some cases all over the globe. For those who live and work in the same location, a two to three-hour commute has become the norm. These situations have made telework and virtual team membership the norm in most organizations.
How do you lead people who are not physically there? Over a billion people work remotely and a huge number of organizations are capitalizing on the tremendous cost savings and talent pool available when using the new, increasingly less costly technology -- Talent that may not be available within driving distance of the company. These organizations have broken the code on how to lead with miles between the leader and the follower. This presentation will help you do the same.
In this presentation, you will learn:
- How to generate a sense of connection without the benefit of physical connection.
- How to communicate and collaborate long distance.
- The barriers to success in a virtual environment.
- New innovations in virtual team gadgets.
- The best leadership techniques to use in a virtual environment.
- How to focus on outcomes rather than facetime.
- Benefits of establishing a virtual work environment.
- Effectively lead in that environment.
- Maintain engagement.
In-person session offerings are on a first-come, first-served basis.