808: Mind-numbing vs Mind-blowing: How to Energize Your Presentation | Sessions
*Additional registration and fee required.
Presentations, both virtual and face-to-face, are enjoyable and effective when the speaker is sharing their passion and energy with the audience. Whether you are staring at your computer screen doing a Zoom presentation or you are actually lucky enough to be standing in front of a live audience with a projector and some slides, how exactly is that accomplished? Speakers have power! In this workshop you will discover the characteristics of a great presentation – a strong opening, positive body language, proper usage of slides and charts, good time management, handling questions and many more. Discover how to survive and thrive with virtual presentations. The focus of this workshop is on the basics of designing, developing and delivering all types of presentations and public speaking opportunities, both virtually or face-to-face.
Whether you are presenting to your own department, speaking with the public or spontaneously answering questions, this workshop will help you gain confidence and grow your public speaking skills. Explore the power you have as a speaker with this entertaining, instructional and interactive workshop.
- Capture the audience’s attention and keep it, whether presenting in-person or virtually.
- Present yourself with energy though voice, movement and proper use of tech and visual aids.
- Manage content development and presentation length.
- Handle spontaneous speaking and Q&A with confidence.
- Utilize your power as a presenter.