804: The Basics & Beyond: Everything You Need to Know About Building LGBTQ+ Inclusion in the Workplace | Sessions
*Additional registration and fee required.
Workplaces that go beyond nondiscrimination policies to cultivate climates of true inclusion are a win-win for both employers and employees. In fact, increasing research shows that capitalizing on effective LGBTQ-inclusion practices can lead to higher productivity, better rates of talent attraction and retention, increased innovation, higher employee satisfaction, and overall bottom-line benefits for employers of any size. This highly interactive session provides an in-depth look at the unique needs and experiences of LGBTQ+ workers; reviews current legal requirements; examines real-life case studies; gives examples of effective inclusion policies; and offers best practices for addressing common human resources scenarios involving LGBTQ+ employees. You will walk away with plenty of easy-to-implement ideas for the everyday workplace as well as resources and support for developing your organization’s DEI (diversity, equity & inclusion) efforts.
- Become more familiar with current LGBTQ+ inclusive terminology, pronoun usage and relevant data that impacts LGBTQ+ employees.
- Understand the differences among terms including sex assigned at birth, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression.
- Learn best approaches for policies and practices for transgender and transitioning employees.
- Explore specific human resources scenarios that involve LGBTQ+ workers.
- Discuss and develop strategies to create more welcoming and inclusive workplaces for LGBTQ+ employees.