701: Leadership Skills for the Senior HR Professional: Mastering the Art of Negotiation | Sessions
*Additional registration and fee required.
If you think negotiating skills are only for salespeople, think again! Every single relationship in your work life entails some negotiation. True, it's often linked to sales (or business), but that limited perspective ignores the fact that negotiation pervades all aspects of the senior HR professional's life. Trying to increase your company's productivity levels? Considering expanding product lines (and therefore people)? Buying a competitor? Going global? Leading a team to increase your employee's engagement level? Attempting to get the best deal from your new benefits provider? Asking for your own well-deserved promotion? In all of these situations, you'll have to negotiate to succeed.
- Overcome the zoom divide to get to the heart of the other side's concerns during negotiations.
- Discover the 5 Negotiation Styles (Avoid, Compete, Accommodate, Collaborate, Compromise) and when to employ (and avoid) each.
- Use objective vs. subjective negotiation criteria.
- Reframe negative internal conversations that can sabotage your negotiation prowess.
- Keep emotions in check even when things get heated.